Friday, February 11, 2011
High Plains
Debi and I enjoyed the thought of being on vacation. We relaxed and took our time this morning ( otherwise known as a late start). I took the shuttle to Hertz and picked up the rental car while Debi finished getting ready. According to the shuttle driver Albuquerque is at 5000 feet above sea level with a population of 600'000. I can tell you that it spans a very beautiful Mesa bordered by a mountain range with peaks of 10'000 foot. After a stop by Best Buy and CVS we start our tour of New Mexico. We take interstate 40 east to Scenic Highway 14 ( The Turquoise Trail). This leads us straight into Santa Fe. We choose to the city streets through town rather than interstate 25. We continue our scenic highway tour using 84 north to 96 west then 550 west to our overnight stop in Farmington NM. WOW. I can't describe the beauty of the mountains and plains. We took a few photos and I will attempt to port them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment