Saturday morning Landry and I took a cab back to the Grand Concourse and picked up his car. We left it there since we had been drinking the night before. The parking garage next door to our hotel had a $5.00 weekend rate - perfect. The Omni had a killer breakfast then we were off to secure a few refreshments for the bus ride. Pittsburgh has some strange liquor law where they can sell hard liquor and wine but not beer. However you can purchase "take out beer" at the restaurants - strange. Landry and I encounter a "Pittsburgh Helper" as we are walking around Downtown. His job is to assist visitors to the City. We informed him as to our wish to purchase some bourbon and beer and he walks us to the liquor store then on to several pizza and sandwich shops until we find beer available for sale. Upon making my purchase at the liquor store the sales clerk tells me that he has become an LSU fan. He goes on to say that LSU fans have made lots of purchases at his store and not only did they buy lots of goods they bought the best stuff - we have a fan in Pittsburgh.
Once back in our room I discover I have misplaced my phone. Having been at several location I am not sure where i could have left it. I go down to the conciser for assistance in calling various locations when Debi finds me. Seems my friend Mike Bouchie called her to tell her my phone was at the CVS. He had called me and the store answered. After much confusion he called Debi and let her know where my phone was. Its 1:45 the buses are loading for a 2pm departure. I ran back to CVS and retrieved my phone. When I walked out the door there was a guy with a bicycle taxi parked right in front. I hired him to get me back to the bus and was in my seat a 1:59 ......whew.....
Our trip included a tailgate in Morgantown. Here are a few photos.
 |
| They had Arkansas vs Alabama on two big screens. |
 |
| Some river behind the tailgate location. |
 |
| Same River |
 |
| WV Band came and entertained us. |
 |
| WV Band |
 |
| WV Band |
No comments:
Post a Comment